If you have trouble sticking to your exercise program, and it’s not due to a lack of desire to get fit, then it could be because the exercise doesn’t fit your personality. Everyone has their own exercise goals and needs, that is, everyone has their own ‘fitness personality’. I go through the five distinct fitness personality types with KRON 4 Morning News Weekend anchor, Marty Gonzalez.
Fitness Personality Types
#1 – Predictable
- Thrives on routine
- Is a reliable, independent and stable exerciser
- Goes to the gym and develops rigid schedules and regimes
Fit Tip: Due to the lack of variation in your exercise program, you may hit a plateau by doing the same routine and become frustrated. By incorporating resistance, circuit or high intensity interval training and/or adding new activities each week, the positive physical changes may help reboot your enthusiasm.
#2 – Methodical
- Likes organization, discipline and routine (but isn’t as rigid as the ‘Predictable’ exerciser)
- Thrives on social interaction
- Loves structured group exercise