♥ Daily Dose
Power your heart and strengthen your life. Get your daily dose of healthy living news and tips here at HealthStyleTV.com.
- How to Bounce Back from a Binge – If you consumed more calories than you expended, you may be starting the new year with a wider waistline and a guilty conscience. Well, don’t fret because here are 10 humane ways to get back on track.
- How to Curb Emotional Eating – When eating is triggered by an emotion rather than physiological hunger, it’s known as ‘emotional eating’. It comes at a cost to your health. Find out some of the causes, dangers and solutions.
- Building a Better Body After Open-Heart Surgery – Resistance exercises may seem counter-intuitive after open-heart surgery, but lifting some weight (be it yours or some iron) can help you heal.
- Golf and Sudden Cardiac Arrest – Golf courses are the fifth most common place for people to suffer from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). On your next golf outing, here are things to do when you schedule your next tee-off time.
- Healthy Cardiovascular Training with ‘Diabesity’ (Part 1) – Studies show that exercise is an effective prescription for managing type 2 diabetes and obesity, but it’s important to know how exercise has an acute and chronic effect on the disease.
- Healthy Cardiovascular Training with ‘Diabesity’ (Part 2) – Find out key exercise guidelines for the type 2 diabetic.
- Healthy Veins for a Healthy Heart – Be sure your exercise routine involves working out the often neglected, but very important, calf muscles. These muscles act as a ‘pump’ and are essential for maintaining blood flow from your legs back up to your heart.
- In-Flight Exercises – Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot that forms in a vein that’s deep within the body and is a potentially life-threatening condition. Sitting for long periods when traveling can increase your risk of DVTs. Here’s what you need to do.
- Why You Need a Strong Core – You don’t need special equipment to strengthen your core. Find out why it’s the key to reversing the aging process.