Researchers are optimistic that they found a new way to predict Alzheimer’s disease. Karen Owoc, The Health Reporter™, hosts this compact segment of TV health news in The Health Reporter Minute. Writer/Producer: Karen Owoc.
Live Longer & Stronger❦ "The human body is the only machine that breaks down when it is not used." ~Thomas Cureton
The Health Reporter
- Hi, I'm Karen! I rehabilitate cardiac patients as well as not-so-healthy recipes. I'm an exercise physiologist, mom and health educator with a heart for art. I believe there is nothing more vital to the aging process than maintaining your flexibility and that 'real food' can heal you, taste good, and make you happy! :)
- Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist
Have a Question?I'd love to hear from you! Many of my posts are the result of your questions. Email me
- Follow The Health Reporter on WordPress.com
Check Out My Pins
THR DisclaimerThe material on The Health Reporter™ is for information purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. You should promptly seek professional medical care if you have any concern about your health, and should always consult your physician before starting a fitness program.© 2009-2016 The Health Reporter. The Health Reporter is an entity of Karen Owoc HealthStyle™.
Build happy healthy habits that last. :D
Move to LiveYour age is a given. Growing old is a choice.
- ABC10 (KXTV) | Win the Picky Eater War
- Relax and Live Life…
- Fit Find | Spicely® Lemon Pepper
- Live in the Moment…
- Is Passion a Part of Your Plan?
- Is Your Diet Causing Your Wrinkles?
- Look Ahead and Live Well…
- Get Real Food!™ | Go Green ☘
- Be Kind…
- Fit Find | Super Seed Crackers
- Discomfort Food: Is Your Marriage Making You Fat?
- How to Keep Your Lemons Fresh for a Month
- Fit Find | Chef’n® Citrus Juicer
- Get Real Food!™ | Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Weight Train After Your Heart Attack and Live Longer
- How to Ignite Your Metabolic Furnace
- How “Old” Do You Sound?
- Fit Find | Ground Chia Seeds
- Why Vitamin D is Measured in “IU”
- Why You Should Check the Color of Your Pee
💓 More Topics and Tips
In Season™ NowEat with the seasons and healthy food will always be interesting and delightful!
Vegetables: Arugula • Beets • Bitter Melon • Bok choy • Broccoli • Burdock • Cabbage • Cactus pads; Carrots • Cauliflower • Celeriac • Celery • Chard • Chicory • Collard greens • Corn • Cress • Cucumbers • Eggplant • Endive • Fennel • Garlic • Ginger root • Green beans • Herbs • Horseradish • Kale • Lambsquarters • Leeks • Lettuce • Mizuna • Mushrooms • Mustard greens • Okra • Onions • Orach • Peas • Peppers, sweet • Potatoes • Purslane • Radishes • Rutabagas • Scallions • Spinach • Sprouts • Squash, summer • Taro root • Tomatillos • Tomatoes • Turnips
Fruit & Nuts: Almonds • Apples • Avocados • Blackberries • Blueberries • Cactus pears • Grapes • Lemons • Melons • Mulberries • Nectarines • Oranges • Peaches • Peanuts • Pears • Plums • Pluots • Raspberries • Strawberries • Tayberries
Seafood: Clams • Cod, Black • Halibut • Lingcod • Oysters • Prawns • Rockfish • Salmon • Sanddabs, Pacific • Sardines • Seabass, White • Squid • Tuna, Albacore
Exercise and Nutrition❦ Exercise and nutrition are intimately related. Think of them as two wheels on a bicycle. When one is faulty or inadequate, you end up with a dysfunctional bicycle.