Researchers are optimistic that they found a new way to predict Alzheimer’s disease. Karen Owoc, The Health Reporter™, hosts this compact segment of TV health news in The Health Reporter Minute. Writer/Producer: Karen Owoc.
Move to Live❦ "The human body is the only machine that breaks down when it is not used." ~Thomas Cureton
Live Longer & Stronger
- Hi, I'm Karen! I rehabilitate cardiac patients as well as not-so-healthy recipes. I'm an exercise physiologist, healthy lifestyle expert and mom with a passion for art. My goal is to help you cultivate healthy habits in a distinctive, fun and artful way. I believe functional fitness improves the quality of life and that 'real food' can heal you, taste good, and make you happy! :)
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist | ACSM-certified
Have a Question?I'd love to hear from you! Many of my posts are the result of your questions. Email me
- Follow HealthStyle TV on WordPress.com
Check Out My Pins
THR DisclaimerThe material on HealthStyle TV™ is for information purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. You should promptly seek professional medical care if you have any concern about your health, and should always consult your physician before starting a fitness program.© 2009-2016 Karen Owoc.
Build Healthy Happy Habits That Last :D
- Fit Minute | Why Pumpkin Promotes Anti-Aging
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bars
- Heart Attack! First Aid Quiz
- See the World Through Others…
- How to Dodge This Deadly Bullet (Sudden Cardiac Death)
- Fit Find | Evo™ Oil Sprayer
- Be Aware If You Passed Your Treadmill Stress Test
- ABC10 | Vegetarian Hawaiian Luau
- ABC10 | Win the Picky Eater War
- Relax and Live Life…
- Fit Find | Spicely® Lemon Pepper
- Live in the Moment…
- Is Passion a Part of Your Plan?
- Is Your Diet Causing Your Wrinkles?
- Look Ahead and Live Well…
- Get Real Food!™ | Go Green ☘
- Be Kind…
- Fit Find | Super Seed Crackers
- Discomfort Food: Is Your Marriage Making You Fat?
- How to Keep Your Lemons Fresh for a Month
💓 More Topics and Tips
In Season™ NowEat with the seasons and healthy food will always be interesting and delightful!
Vegetables: Artichokes • Arugula • Beets • Bitter Melon • Bok choy • Broccoli • Broccoli rabe • Brussels sprouts • Burdock • Cabbage • Cardoons • Carrots • Cauliflower • Celeriac • Celery • Chard • Chicory • Collard greens • Cress • Cucumbers • Endive • Fennel • Garlic • Ginger root • Herbs • Horseradish • Kale • Kohlrabi • Lambsquarters • Leeks • Lettuce • Mizuna • Mushrooms • Mustard greens • Okra • Onions • Orach • Parsnips • Peas • Peppers, sweet • Purslane • Radishes • Rutabagas • Salsify • Scallions • Spinach • Sprouts • Squash, winter • Sunchokes • Sweet potatoes • Taro root • Tomatillos • Turnips • Yacon
Fruit & Nuts: Almonds • Apples • Asian pears • Avocados • Cactus pears • Cherimoyas • Citron • Dates • Feijoas • Grapes • Kiwi • Lemons • Limes • Mandarins • Mulberries • Olives • Oranges • Pears • Persimmons • Pistachios • Plums • Pomegranates • Pomelos • Quince • Raspberries • Strawberries
Seafood: Clams • Cod, Black • Crab, Dungeness • Halibut • Lingcod • Oysters • Prawns • Rockfish • Sanddabs, Pacific • Sardines • Squid • Swordfish • Tuna, Albacore
Exercise and Nutrition❦ Exercise and nutrition are intimately related. Think of them as two wheels on a bicycle. When one is faulty or inadequate, you end up with a dysfunctional bicycle.
Stretch to Stay YoungYour age is a given. Growing old is a choice.