Fat that settles around your middle is a serious health risk factor. Here’s what works (and doesn’t work) in your attempts to defat your belly. Karen Owoc, The Health Reporter, hosts this short-form segment of men’s health and fitness news in The Men’s Health Minute. Writer/Producer: Karen Owoc. [Segment #0014M
Live Longer & Stronger❦ "The human body is the only machine that breaks down when it is not used." ~Thomas Cureton
Medical Fitness Trainer
- Hi, I'm Karen! I'm a clinical exercise physiologist, certified orthopedic exercise specialist and cancer exercise trainer. I assist individuals who need rehab from cardiac events, disease, injury, illness, or other pathology to be functionally fit. I am a healthy living expert for TV, radio + print with a passion for inspiring others with lifestyle tips that are fun, creative and memorable. My goal is to inspire you to cultivate healthy habits and to find joy in moving and eating. I believe functional fitness improves the quality of life and that 'real food' can heal you, taste good, and make you happy! :)
Have a Question?I'd love to hear from you! Many of my posts are the result of your questions. Email me
- Follow HealthStyleRx on WordPress.com
Check Out My Pins
THR DisclaimerThe material on HealthStyle is for information purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. You should promptly seek professional medical care if you have any concern about your health, and should always consult your physician before starting a fitness program.© 2009-2017 Karen Owoc.
Build Healthy Habits That Last
- ABC10 | Healthy Easter Basket Treats
- Quick Fix for Life’s Embarrassing Health Conditions
- Appreciate Devotion…XOXO
- Matcha: The Ultimate Health Drink ☘
- Coconut Oil: Is It Healthy or Hype?
- Does Tea Make You Pee?
- How to Slow Growing Old
- Lengthen the Life of Your Produce | Frig 101
- Whole Grains for Your Heart? Use the 5 to 1 Fiber Rule
- Fit Minute | Why Pumpkin Promotes Anti-Aging
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bars
- Heart Attack! First Aid Quiz
- See the World Through Others…
- How to Dodge This Deadly Bullet (Sudden Cardiac Death)
- Fit Find | Evo™ Oil Sprayer
- Be Aware If You Passed Your Treadmill Stress Test
- ABC10 | Vegetarian Hawaiian Luau
- ABC10 | Win the Picky Eater War
- Relax and Live Life…
- Fit Find | Spicely® Lemon Pepper
💓 More Topics and Tips
In Season™ NowEat with the seasons and healthy food will always be interesting and delightful!
Vegetables: Artichokes • Arugula • Asparagus • Beets • Bok choy • Broccoli • Broccoli rabe • Brussels sprouts • Cabbage • Cardoons • Carrots • Cauliflower • Chard • Chicory • Collard greens • Cress • Dandelion greens • Endive • Fava greens • Fennel • Garlic • Green Garlic • Herbs • Horseradish • Kale • Kohlrabi • Lambsquarters • Leeks • Lettuce • Mizuna • Mushrooms • Mustard greens • Nettles • Onions • Orach • Parsnips • Pea shoots • Peas • Radishes • Rutabagas • Scallions • Spinach • Sprouts • Sunchokes • Turnips
Fruit & Nuts: Avocados • Cherimoyas • Cherries • Grapefruit • Guavas • Kumquats • Lemons • Limes • Mandarins • Oranges • Pomelos • Rhubarb • Strawberries
Seafood: Clams • Cod, Black • Crab, Dungeness • Halibut • Lingcod • Oysters • Prawns • Rockfish • Sanddabs, Pacific • Seabass, White • Squid
Exercise and Nutrition❦ Exercise and nutrition are intimately related. Think of them as two wheels on a bicycle. When one is faulty or inadequate, you end up with a dysfunctional bicycle.
Stretch to Stay YoungYour age is a given. Growing old is a choice.