Live to 100❦ "The human body is the only machine that breaks down when it is not used." ~Thomas Cureton
Live Longer & Stronger
- Hi, I'm Karen! I'm a clinical exercise physiologist, mom and healthy living expert for TV, radio + print. I have a passion for art and inspiring others with lessons that are fun, creative and memorable. I specialize in medical fitness training, building functional bodies, and creating anti-aging fast food. My goal is to inspire you to cultivate healthy habits and to find joy in eating and moving. I believe functional fitness improves the quality of life and that 'real food' can heal you, taste good, and make you happy! :)
Have a Question?I'd love to hear from you! Many of my posts are the result of your questions. Email me
- Follow HealthStyle TV on WordPress.com
Check Out My Pins
THR DisclaimerThe material on HealthStyle TV™ is for information purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. You should promptly seek professional medical care if you have any concern about your health, and should always consult your physician before starting a fitness program.© 2009-2017 Karen Owoc.
Build Healthy Habits
- How to Slow Growing Old
- Lengthen the Life of Your Produce | Frig 101
- Whole Grains for Your Heart? Use the 5 to 1 Fiber Rule
- Fit Minute | Why Pumpkin Promotes Anti-Aging
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bars
- Heart Attack! First Aid Quiz
- See the World Through Others…
- How to Dodge This Deadly Bullet (Sudden Cardiac Death)
- Fit Find | Evo™ Oil Sprayer
- Be Aware If You Passed Your Treadmill Stress Test
- ABC10 | Vegetarian Hawaiian Luau
- ABC10 | Win the Picky Eater War
- Relax and Live Life…
- Fit Find | Spicely® Lemon Pepper
- Live in the Moment…
- Is Passion a Part of Your Plan?
- Is Your Diet Causing Your Wrinkles?
- Look Ahead and Live Well…
- Get Real Food!™ | Go Green ☘
- Be Kind…
💓 More Topics and Tips
In Season™ NowEat with the seasons and healthy food will always be interesting and delightful!
Vegetables: Arugula • Beets • Bitter Melon • Bok choy • Broccoli • Broccoli rabe • Brussels sprouts • Cabbage • Cardoons • Carrots • Cauliflower • Chard • Chicory • Collard greens • Cress • Cucumbers • Dandelion greens • Endive • Fava greens • Fennel • Garlic • Ginger root • Herbs • Horseradish • Kale • Kohlrabi • Lambsquarters • Leeks • Lettuce • Mizuna • Mushrooms • Mustard greens • Nettles • Okra • Onions • Orach • Parsnips • Pea shoots • Radishes • Rutabagas • Scallions • Spinach • Sprouts • Sunchokes • Taro root • Tomatillos • Turnips
Fruit & Nuts: Avocados • Cherimoyas • Citron • Grapefruit • Kumquats • Lemons • Limes • Mandarins • Olives • Oranges • Pomelos
Seafood: Clams • Cod, Black • Crab, Dungeness • Halibut • Lingcod • Oysters • Prawns • Rockfish • Sanddabs, Pacific • Sardines • Squid • Swordfish • Tuna, Albacore
Exercise and Nutrition❦ Exercise and nutrition are intimately related. Think of them as two wheels on a bicycle. When one is faulty or inadequate, you end up with a dysfunctional bicycle.
Stretch to Stay YoungYour age is a given. Growing old is a choice.