Here’s a no-cook California spin on tangy Texas black bean dip. It’s rich in texture and flavor and has lots of kick! Scoop it up with baked tortilla chips or veggies as a snack/appetizer, enjoy it as a spicy salsa over salad, tacos, grilled fish and chicken, or dish it out as a hearty side.
It’s made from a spicy base of cholesterol-free protein and fiber (black beans) and vitamin E-rich avocados. This recipe yields a lot and tastes better the longer it sits, but you’ll find it disappears fast!
1. Drain and add to a large bowl:
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, spicy (Whole Foods 365 Organic)
- 1 15-oz. can whole kernel corn, no salt added
2. Add and mix well:
- 12 oz. guacamole (can also substitute for 1 lb. or 2 large ripe avocados, chopped)
3. Chop all ingredients and add:
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 2/3 cup green onions (about 4 large stalks)
- 2/3 cup cilantro (about 1 bunch)
- 1 whole orange bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 Roma tomatoes (1 lb.)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Tabasco®
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
5. Garnish with cilantro sprigs or slices of avocado or lime.
Makes approximately 8 cups.
Eat and enjoy y’all!